Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Legit Supreme - Bhagavad Gita VII - IX

Teachings seven through nine are basically all about Krishna. It doesn't only talk about only Krishna and just Krishna, but it is Krishna talking about himself. Yes, sounds rather confusing but it isn't. Sorry if I made it a big deal. I apologize. So, Krishna talks about his superiority and how discipline guides men towards him. He says that he is desired by men and that when one reaches his divinity that one will not suffer from rebirth. By saying that he is ones desire does it mean that they desire to be like him? Or that he influences their desires? "I know all creatures that have been, that now exist, and that are yet to be; but, Arjuna, no one knows me." (Page 29) Even though this quote shows how powerful Krishna is, it is also very interesting the fact that Krishna is telling Arjuna that no one knows him. It is explained how Krishna created all the creatures and places them wherever they are believed to be suitable. Krishna knows everything but why don't people know him? I also began to wonder that if Krishna wanted to be knows he can do it. Well, she has so much power and knowledge which doesn't make everything impossible.

Something that I have been wondering a lot is that why is it Arjuna the one chosen to be taught. I understand that Krishna knows a lot and is extremely powerful and therefore, she shall be the leader and teacher to all. But why is Arjuna the student? Why not somebody else? This question is actually killing me and I really hope to be able to answer is soon.

These teachings were the most insightful into who Krishna is and all of the concept on Hinduism. It explains good and bad and how your actions can come to be seen as positive or negative. I found this really cool song that honors Krishna in a way. It shows how powerful she is and I can now say she is literally supreme!

No comments:

Post a Comment