Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rebirth - Bhagavad Gita II

Teaching two of the Bhagavad Gita shows many points and focuses on various different things. Even though the teachings are based on Hinduism and I am Jewish, I was able to realize how they are similar in the way that their teachings are explained through stories. In the Torah, all of the stories have a special meaning for us Jews and it seems that in Hinduism, believes and customs are explained in the same way. However, I don't know much of Hinduism and I'm still not sure whether Krishna is a prophet or the actual God. I hope that will be cleared out in my future reading since it does change up some things.

"Death is certain for anyone born, and birth is certain for anyone dead; since the cycle is inevitable, you have no cause to grieve." (Page 35) What Krishna is trying to tell Arjuna here is something that I find very interesting. I know that death is something inevitable for everybody that was once born. There is no one immortal or at least, no one immortal yet. This is something that most people believe and even though in Gilgamesh this was tried to prove wrong, it is something impossible to achieve. However, Krishna also says that birth is something certain for anyone dead. I see this in many different ways. Maybe what he wanted to say was that everybody meant to be dead will once live. But maybe what he really means that makes me wonder a lot is that once you die, you will live again. Does this mean that they believe in reincarnation? This might sound very ignorant but as I had said before, I don't know much about Hinduism.

I don't believe at all in reincarnation because I think that people are in the world for a reason and that their time here is limited for some reason. I believe that while you live you should do everything you should and there is no reason for why you should live twice. Reincarnation also says that once you live again, you are not necessarily born as the creature that you were before. So why do you get different lifes? I personally find it ridiculous and this believe is somehow exaggerated as I see it. I'm not judging, please don't get offended if you felt so.

Something else that I found very interesting from this teaching was that it said that once you kill someone because it was your duty, you are forgiven and taken into heaven as a great hero. When is it exactly when your duty is to take someone's life away? Does there even exist such a duty? I find this very ridiculous and I completely disagree since I believe that when you kill someone you should not be rewarded what so ever. Furthermore, I believe that once you do these type of crimes, you should not even go to heaven. Heaven is a reward for those good, and assassins are no good. Or at least thats what I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment