Thursday, February 25, 2010

And This Is? - Bhagavad Gita I

Reading this book was very confusing at the beginning since I really didn't understand the title of the teachings. However, it mainly talked about the violation of rights and specially, those current that are found today. It talks a lot about human rights and focuses on how humans could no kill brother groups, how women violation was something major that only got greater and more intense, and how war was always seen as the best solution to problems. I realized that the way in which Arjuna talked to Krishna was very mature and showed knowledge and therefore, I would say that Arjuna is giving the reader a lesson. "They are teachers, fathers, sons and grandfathers, uncles, grandsons, fathers and brothers of wives, and other men of our family. I do not want to kill them even if I am killed, Krishna; not for kingship of all three worlds, much less for the earth! What joy is there for us, Krishna, in killing Dhritarashtra's sons? Evil will haunt us if we kill them, though their bows are drawn to kill." (Page 28) Arjuna also says that he wouldn't kill even if he is in risk of being killed. I find this so peaceful and nice of him for he seems as a very tender and innocent man. It gives me the impression of a true leader and that I should actually follow him. He says that there is no joy in killing anybody, and that evil will follow them for doing evil things. This is, that when you do evil upon someone, it will somehow return to you.

I was able to familiarize completely because if you think about it, when you cause war you are only causing pain. He also says that we are all connected and all humans have the same right to live. So, if you kill someone, its as killing your own brother, son, cousin, etc. Later on, he also talks about how many men are engaged to war and have to leave everything for it. I find this completely absurd and I agree that it is something no one should do since family is the only thing you will have forever and you should spend a lot of time with them and not waste time on other things that don't have the same value. War is only materialist value, while family is of one real.

No comments:

Post a Comment